Québec's tenth Provigo Le Marché store opens in Boucherville and creates 50 jobs
BOUCHERVILLE, QC, June 12, 2014 /CNW/ - (TSX: L) - Today, as a tenth Provigo Le Marché store opened in the heart of Boucherville, the leadership team at Provigo, a member of the Loblaw group, looked back on a year where this brand-new concept was rolled-out across five regions of Québec.
"Fundamentally, Provigo Le Marché was born because of Québec consumers - current or future Provigo customers - expressing the desire to have access to a much wider range of fresh products and organic fruits and vegetables, more tools for making healthy food choices, varied and accessible natural products as well as quick and efficient customer service," said Pierre Dandoy, Senior Vice President of Operations for the Provigo and Loblaws banners in Québec.
"Twelve months later, we are very proud to say that we have more than answered the call! We are thrilled to see consumers' enthusiastic response to these new stores, and our satisfaction indicators are reaching new heights. Whether through greater consumption of fresh products or more frequent visits and larger basket sizes, these stores' successes have had a ripple effect on all 105 Provigo and Loblaws stores in Québec and allow us to confidently pursue our goal of introducing the Provigo Le Marché concept to as many Québec regions as possible while remaining attentive to our customers," he continued.
New Provigo Le Marché opens in Boucherville
The opening of the new Provigo Le Marché store in Boucherville, located at 1001 De Montarville Boulevard, was held on Thursday morning in the presence of local elected officials, several national and Montérégie region vendors, artists, industry partners and many shoppers who came to discover a range of new products at their local supermarket.
The conversion of the Boucherville store, which is also the first Provigo store to switch to the Provigo Le Marché banner, has created over 50 new jobs in the region.
"It is with pride and excitement that I join my 140 employees in welcoming our customers this morning and helping them discover their new Provigo Le Marché store," said store manager Sophie Corbeil. "We've devoted all our efforts to featuring healthy eating, for example by having chefs in store and offering a wide selection of fresh and local products. We've spared no effort in providing a warm, unique experience to the citizens of Boucherville."
As part of the store's transformation in recent months, its total surface area and the size of the fresh products section were increased by nearly 50% to accommodate many additional services and new products:
- An extensive range of fresh products and products from growers and producers from Québec and Montérégie.
- More than 100 varieties of organic fruits and vegetables, a salad bar and freshly squeezed juice every day.
- A daily shipment of seafood products from sustainable fisheries and an oyster bar.
- Beef aged in store, several varieties of sausages made on site as well as local products such as Québec pork, milk-fed veal and lamb, which customers can discover thanks to in-store butchers who are happy to share their expertise.
- An incredible variety of ready-to-eat meals, several varieties of pizza from the popular Pizzédélic brand and ready-to-heat meals prepared by our chefs.
- A wide variety of cupcakes and macaroons, as well as bagels baked in store.
- A new kind of sushi counter that allows customers to have their personalized order prepared before their eyes or while they finish their shopping.
- An incredible wall of cheeses offering a line-up of 400 cheeses, including 300 from Québec, located next to the deli counter, which features an impressive selection of imported prosciutto and pâtés and terrines from here.
- An impressive selection of over 170 beers from microbreweries in Montérégie and various regions of Québec.
- More than 250 gluten-free products and a wide range of natural products.
- In addition, an all-new Joe Fresh® clothing boutique featuring a full line-up of trendy outfits for the whole family has been added within the store. Customers can thus take advantage of their visit to get all their shopping done under one roof.
Customers at the Boucherville Provigo Le Marché can also take advantage of Guiding Stars®, an impartial food-rating system that assigns stars and helps identify healthy foods at a glance. Customers who would like more details about this food-rating system can visit the following website: www.guidingstars.ca.
Sophie Corbeil and her team are still providing support to the community, and took advantage of the opening ceremony to make two $2,000 donations - one to the Fondation du Centre Jeunesse de la Montérégie for the Maison l'Escargot et l'Explorateur's dedicated fund, and one to the École secondaire de Mortagne for the autism spectrum disorder class - to help members of the Boucherville community. Ms. Suzie Roy, executive director of the Fondation du Centre Jeunesse de la Montérégie, and Ms. Violaine Fortin, principal of the École secondaire de Mortagne, were present at the opening to thank the Provigo Le Marché team for its generosity and involvement.
Follow Provigo Le Marché on Twitter: @ProvigoLeMarche
About Provigo, a member of the Loblaw Group
Provigo is a member of the Loblaw group, one of the largest private sector employers in Québec and Canada's largest food retailer. The Loblaw group employs nearly 30,000 people in the province of Québec through its 400 corporate, franchised and affiliated stores operated mainly under the Provigo®, Provigo Le MarchéTM, Maxi®, Maxi & Cie®, Loblaws®, Club Entrepôt Provigo® and Les Entrepôts Presto® banners. The Loblaw group also offers Canada's strongest control (private) label program, including the President's Choice®, no name® and Joe Fresh® brands. In addition, it makes available to consumers President's Choice Financial® services and offers the PC® points loyalty program.
SOURCE Provigo, member of Loblaw groupFor further information:
or an interview, members of the media are invited to contact:
[email protected] or 514-935-2777 ext. 205
Specialist, Corporate Affairs and Communication
Provigo, a member of the Loblaw group
[email protected] or 1-800-361-1168